If you detect mold smell in a closet, does not hesitate and immediately get rid of it. Fragrance means are able to dampen the problem, but cannot cope with the musty, which appears in poorly ventilated areas with lack of lighting. In struggle with mold in clothes you will need:
- Vinegar 9%;
- Washing powder;
- Two clean rags.
How to get rid of mold smell in clothes? Follow the instruction.
1) Even clean clothes will have an unpleasant odor when in the closet is mold smell. It is unlikely that there will be willing to wash garments every day, so you need to eliminate the cause of the dampness. Loop through the entire wardrobe to find the source of that bad smell. You should check that the mold smell is not in a cupboard. In any case, handle the surface of shelves with water (add a teaspoon of ammonia at a basin of water). Next step- making wipe clean and allow area of cupboard to be ventilated for 2 hours.
2) You need to wash in hot water clothes with the smell of mold, add bleach in a safe volume. Rinses in warm water, at the last stage of rinsing add the acetic acid (3 spoons at 8 liters of water). The acid will neutralize odors that may remain even after washing.
3) Spread the washed clothes and dry it. Very well if you can make out and dry it in the sun. If not, you can ventilate the clothes on the balcony. Any wet thing will help for appearance of odor of dampness, and subsequently mold.
4) You need always iron dry clothes on both sides with a hot iron. Do not remove the deposit of hot clothes, let it cool down, only then fold it into the pile.
5) Keep worn and clean clothes separately, on different shelves. If the weather is wet, dry the clothes after you came from the street. Wet jeans or a jacket thrown hastily, over time can be the source of the mold smell for the entire cupboard and nourish by it smell clean sets of clothes.
6) Perform preventive procedures for preventing stale smell of clothes. Ventilate cupboards, open doors; pull out the boxes at least one time a month. Humidity of closed cupboards, coupled with the lack of light would be an ideal environment for the emergence not only smells, but also the mold.